Building & Architecture
Owning and building a custom home in the Prospect neighborhood is attainable with five easy steps:
1. TOUR homesites with your realtor. Then bring along an architect and brainstorm the possibilities.
2. SELECT a homesite with your realtor and architect.
3. DESIGN your home and gain approvals from the Design Review Board and the Town of Mt. Crested Butte.
4. BUILD and furnish your home with one of Crested Butte’s many qualified contractors.
5. ENJOY your legacy property with family and friends for years to come.
Prospect is a covenant-controlled community with comprehensive design guidelines. These basic guidelines were created to ensure the aesthetic integrity of the community and the long-term appeal of the neighborhood. Building may commence after all required permits and approvals are obtained. A Colorado licensed architect must design your home. Click to review the Prospect Design Guidelines.
Below is a photo gallery showing examples of homes in Prospect. The minimum size for a single family residence in Prospect is 2,000 sq.ft. Maximum home sizes depend on the lot and range from 5,000-8000 sq.ft, with a few homesites allowing up to 9,000 sq.ft.